System Configuration settings determines desktop characteristics for the logon
user. This means that the configuration settings a user defines is unique to
their user logon and is portable to different PC's.
Sample System Configuration Form
Entry Instructions System Configuration Form
- Select the Default Warehouse and the Default Depot from the
available pick list options.
Setting the Default Warehouse and Depot has two main functions:-
- to set the default warehouses and depots in the TIMS Calendars (including
Fleet Maintenance, Field Service and Rostering) and
-to set the default warehouses and depots in the Inventory and Purchase
- Select the Default Business Unit flag. This is unique to the user
logon. Its function is to override the company setting in the Control Information
file relevant to the module.
- Select the AutoRefresh from database flag to generate immediate
refresh (or update) of data and its activities. ie. images, structures, date
and time settings.
- Select the Use Short File Names flag for operating systems that do
not support file names longer than 8.3.
- Select the Use Tree Menus flag to default
the desktop to use tree type menu rather than a folder menu.
- Select Store Partinfo in Memory flag if your PC has large memory
and/or slow disc.
- Select Use Keypad as Enter key? flag to allocate the number keypad
enter key as the <tab> key for moving between fields in a table or form.
- Selecting Cache subwindows? flag sets a limitation on the amount
of memory allocated to the desktop when saving the image of a previously opened
table or form.
If the Cache flag is checked, the ideal maximum number of windows to cache
is twenty (20).
- Select Show Menu Help Popup? flag to display hover help text on the
- Enter a value for Idle Time Out Minutes to force the TIMS application
to close after (x) inactivity.
- Do not touch Thread Database Calls
Consult IT personnel for more information.
Completion Instructions System Configuration Form
- Select OK or <Enter> to save changes to the entire System Configuration
- Select Cancel to reset the System Configuration form to original
- Select Refresh to immediately refresh the database to any system
changes or updates.
- Select Clear Cache to remove any cached settings against your logon.
Clearing Cache will remove any personal settings, including:- positions of
menus, tables and forms on your desktop, etc.